I love to have lists! A good list helps you answer “What am I doing tomorrow, and when?”
Here is an example of a good cleaning schedule that can help you complete household tasks:
- Make your bed and gather laundry.
- In the kitchen clean the coffee maker and any dishes. Wipe down counters.
- Wipe down all bath surfaces after showering.
- Clean out the fridge and throw out old food.
- Wipe down appliances and clean inside the microwave.
- Mop floor.
- Clean bathroom surfaces and the toilet.
- Dust furniture, vacuum carpets and furniture.
- Change your bedding.
- Clean and dust lights and blinds.
- Clean vents and empty the vacuum cleaner.
- Clean dishwasher and washing machine.
Every 3-6 months
- Clean your oven and rangehood.
- Clean inside the refrigerator and freezer.
- Vacuum your mattress and wash pillows, blankets and quilts.
- Vacuum and clean under furniture.
- Clean outdoor furniture and decks.
- Clean dryer and dryer vents.
- Clean windows, curtains and blinds.
- Deep clean upholstery and carpets.
- Clean fireplace and Chimney. Have it checked by a professional every other year.
- Pressure wash outside areas like paths, decks and furniture.
If you follow this schedule, or something similar, it will keep your house clean and presentable all year long!
Kathleen Weaver-Zech and Dean’s Team Chicago